This is a major undertaking to improve resiliency, support rolling upgrades / downgrades, handle cross cluster or cross data center replication and also improving performance of certain components. This area will act as a central place for all the requirements gathered, design documents and other technical discussions related to this topic.
- Start Release : 3.6
- Working Group Mailing List :
- Slack Channel : tyche-group.slack.com
- Approximate Timeline : Best-case : 6 months, Worst-case : 10 months
- Primary Technical Contact : Terence Yim
- Primary Program Contact : Priyanka Nambiar
Tracks and Execution Layout
Here we will define different tracks that are in part of this initiative and break it down into multiple releases. Please note the problems that are being solved as part of this initiative are some of the challenging and complex problems. So, they are been broken down into multiple releases for each track.
|Release 2||Release 3||Release 4||Release 5|
|Stage||Design & Design Reviews||Requirement Gathering||Requirement Gathering||Requirement Gathering||Requirement Gathering|
|Performance & Scalability|
What does this release provide ?
|User Stories Enabled by the Release|
|Hot/Cold replication||Same as CDAP Active/Standby|
|Active/Passive replication||Same as CDAP Active/Standby|
|Hot/Hot replication||Same as CDAP Active/Active|
|CDAP Active/Active with Application Master/Slaves|
- Functional Components and their impacts – here
- RAFT Protocol – here
- Cloudera Software Integration Guide – here